New York City’s YMCA is a dynamic non-profit organization committed to transforming lives and communities. Annually, we connect with over 500,000 children and adults who live, learn, work and play in Brooklyn, the Bronx, Manhattan, Queens and Staten Island.
Since 1852, the Y has been a place to come to be nurtured, educated, empowered and inspired. Mirroring the diverse tapestry of New York City, we continue to welcome all who come through our doors with programs and services that elevate, enrich and strengthen spirit, mind and body.
The Director, Marketing and Paid Media will work closely with the Chief Marketing & Communications Officer (CMO) to create and implement the organization’s marketing plan. This motivated, energetic self-starter will have expertise developing and implementing marketing solutions that drive the Y’s revenue goals and also convey the essence of the brand.
• Responsible for developing and executing creative campaigns for the Y’s membership and program units.
• Work with the internal design team and/or outside agencies on creative, production, and media.
• Develop and share best practices for processes and procedures in developing campaigns, applying rigorous quantitative analysis to refine approaches.
• Oversee campaigns from creative concept to implementation in digital and print formats in an array of media.
• Collaborate with the Director of Creative Content and the Director of Communications to fully integrate efforts and outcomes.
• Participate in Executive Cabinet meetings and – on occasion – board meetings as a member of the senior team.
• Develop and oversee strategy for Branch Communications personnel.
• Manage the Marketing and Communications teams’ relationship with the Membership Cabinet.
• Develop Branch-specific marketing plans based on analysis of historic messages and media results.
• Supervise a Digital Communications Manager and possibly Regional Communications personnel.
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, English or related field.
• Experience developing marketing plans for a regional association.
• Experience working in an agency using best practices in paid media.
• Experience integrating marketing and communications outputs.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and statics for budgeting and analysis.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with an organizational culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promote participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity. If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please forward your cover letter and resume with the subject line “Director, Marketing & Paid Media” via e-mail or to:
YMCA of Greater New York
Attn.: Human Resources
5 West 63rd Street – 6th Floor
New York, NY 10023
New York City's YMCA | WE'RE HERE FOR GOOD.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE